In the first match of the Champions League it was very important to achieve a positive result. This opinion on the post-match press conference expressed the main Zenit coach Andre Villas-Boas.
Zenit won the away victory over Benfica (2: 0) in the first round of the group stage of the Champions League.
«very good game for us,» said Villas-Boas.- in the first part we scored twice, left the enemy in the minority. The second fifty percent was no less intense. The opponent gave us the space and opportunity to attack. Third, we failed to score, one way or another we are pleased with the result.» Monaco is one of the strongest teams in our group. The next game will be very important for us as well and From the tournament point of view as a game between teams that scored 3 points in the first round. Too early to assess the game. It is always important to start With a win. In the case of a home win in the upcoming tour, we will be able to provide a good Foundation for the entire group stage».
in the game of the second round of group C Zenit at home will play against French Monaco FC and SL Benfica at the exit of the German» Bayer». The matches will take place on 1 October
- Players of Zenit away in the most defeated Benfica in the Champions League game
- Andre Villas-Boas: Zenit wants to fight strong opponents in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League
- Danny: the Zenith will help the experience of the players who competed in the championship of Portugal
- Zenit will hold a meeting With Benfica, Bayer and Monaco in the group stage of the Champions League
- Villas-Boas: any result, except in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League, will be perceived negatively