The disciplinary Committee of the Union of European football associations (UEFA) rejected the appeal of «Zenit» on the issue of two-match disqualification midfielder Axel Witsel.
The player will miss the 1st leg of the play-off round of the Champions League with the Belgian «standard». About it is notified on the official Internet representation of UEFA.
before the members of the Control and disciplinary and ethical instance UEFA has appointed player two-match suspension for the red card shown to him in the first game of the 3rd qualifying round against Cyprus Aela (0: 1), which was held July 30.
so Witsel will not come on the pitch in the away match with the «standard», which will be held in Liege on August 20, but will have the opportunity to play in the second leg 26 August in St. Petersburg.
- Player Zenith Witsel will not play in the first match of the play-off round of the Champions League
- The appeal Committee of the RFU has reduced the disqualification of a player of FC Kuban Danilo up to 2 games
- Villas-Boas: any result, except in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League, will be perceived negatively
- Players of Zenit went out in the group stage of the Champions League
- The head of the CDC RFU Grigoryants: player Kuban Danilo suspended for 3 matches