The Union of European football associations (UEFA opened disciplinary proceedings against the new President of the football Federation Italy (FFI) Carlo Tavecchio. About it informs the press service of the UEFA.
Tavecchio accused of racist statements that he made during his election program. For example, the 71-year-old functionary named players from Africa «consumers of bananas». Then phrases in the local media launched a massive campaign to discredit Tavecchio, and International Federation of football associations (FIFA) has asked the leadership of the FFR to hold a hearing on the question of the application of the bureaucrat.
eleven August, Tavecchio defeated in the elections of the President of the FFR, typing 60, 4% of the votes
- The number of participants in the Serie a Italian League football has the ability to be shortened to 18
- FIFA has extended the punishment UEFA imposed on the head of the football Federation Italy for racism
- UEFA head Michel Platini will not be registered as a candidate for the post of President of FIFA
- Domenico Scala headed the Commission for the supervision of elections of the President of FIFA
- The head of FIFA has tried to convince critics-nominations for the position of head of the organization