The organizational Committee on preparation and holding of the world Cup 2018 did not change the concept of work in connection with the visit to the Russian Federation President of the international Federation of football Association (FIFA) Joseph Blatter. About this journalist told the CEO of the organizing Committee of the tournament Alexey Sorokin.
last weekend Blatter visited with working visit to the Russian Federation and discussed the issues of preparation for the championship of the world. Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko have said before, that Blatter made the initiative to reduce the number of cities that will host matches of the championship, based on the experience of the tournament in Brazil.
«I have nothing to add to the words of the Minister of sports according to the results of the visit to the Russian Federation President of FIFA Joseph Blatter. Today We did not change the concept of preparation for the 2018 FIFA world Cup. We work with eleven cities and 12 stadiums,» said Sorokin.
at a press conference on the results of the 2014 world Cup, Blatter, answering the question about the appropriateness of the championship games in 12 stadiums in the future, said that the organization would look at the possibility of reducing the number of arenas in the upcoming tournaments to Russia and Qatar (2022). This question arose from the fact that after the Brazilian world championship certain stadiums, which were the matches of the tournament, for example arena in Manaus will be not claimed and will not be used for any purpose.
it is expected that the matches of the world Cup 2018 will be held in 12 stadiums in eleven cities of Russia: Moscow (stadiums «Luzhniki» and «Open arena» ), St. Petersburg, Kazan, Nizhny Novgorod, Saransk, Kaliningrad, Volgograd, Yekaterinburg, Samara, Sochi and Rostov-on-don. Tentatively international competition will be held from June 8 to July 8
- Head of FIFA during the visit to the Russian Federation agreed with Putin issues of preparation for the 2018 world Cup
- Mutko: Blatter made the initiative to reduce the number of cities in 2018, based on the experience of the 2014 world Cup
- Head of FIFA made a visit to the Russian Federation on the issues of preparation for the 2018 world Cup
- Kazan is a candidate to host matches of 1/8 and 1/4 final of the 2018 world Cup football
- Rapoport: Yekaterinburg provides training for the 2018 world Cup in accordance with the schedule