The Director of the organization Match Services Briton Raymond Whelan involved in the illegal sale of tickets for the matches of world Cup football 2014, released from custody. About it speak Brazilian media.
The decision to release Was made a judge of the Supreme court of Brazil. Anyway, as the media says, Whelan until has no right to leave Rio de Janeiro.
According to the lawyer, the 64-year-old Briton Fernando Fernandez, protection Whelan will focus on taking full access to the rules of evidence», which until now has not provided, as they have the opportunity to help the withdrawal of charges against his client».
in early July, police made a total of 141 confiscated ticket. It was determined that many of them fell into the hands of crooks through Match Services. In the Whelan was placed behind bars, but then released him on bail in the amount of $5 million Soon after the liberation Whelan disappeared, after which he was declared wanted. And until Tuesday was in custody because the court feared that he might try to leave Brazil.
The company Match Services based in Zurich and is an official partner of the FIFA ticketing, booking and information support of the world Cup in 2010 and 2014, and confederations Cup 2009 and 2013. First marketing Director of FIFA Thierry Weil reported that the term of the contract Match Services with FIFA will expire the end of the world Cup in Brazil. So, Whelan is not representative of FIFA, but has close contacts with the organization
- Mutko: Blatter made the initiative to reduce the number of cities in 2018, based on the experience of the 2014 world Cup
- The German football Association will shoot a film about the victory of the team in the 2014 world Cup
- Football Association of the Netherlands would not support Blatter in the elections for the post of the head of FIFA
- FIFA wants to settle the matter on the Crimean clubs between UFF and the RFU
- The Ukraine national football did not want from friendlies with Brazil