Striker Manchester United FC Wayne Rooney appointed as the new captain of the English national football team. About it on Thursday said the chief coach of the national team Manager Roy Hodgson, who announced the squad for the upcoming friendly match against Norway (September 3), as well as qualifying game Euro 2016 with a team of Switzerland (September 9).
«Although the candidacy of Rooney and is the most obvious choice, I thought long and hard before making this decision,» said Hodgson.- To be captain of the England is a huge responsibility and an almost continuous pressure from the media and fans. I would spend hours talking with Wayne to see if He was ready for it. He replied that he aspires to a similar role, and it decided the case».
According to Hodgson, an additional factor in favor of Rooney was that a few weeks before He received the captain’s armband in his own club.
The position of captain of the English national team became vacant after the 2014 world Cup, when playing for the national team finished Steven Gerrard and his assistants Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole. Himself Gerrard first suggested that 28-year-old Striker, Manchester United is his vision, «the best possible» captains for the team.
for England Rooney plays since 2003, during this time He held for the team 95 matches and scored 40 goals.
Fully a part of the British is as follows:
goalkeepers — Joe HART (Manchester city ), Ben foster (West Brom ), Fraser Forster (Southampton )
- Players Manchester United have won international Champions Cup
- The players of Manchester United lost to Swansea in the championship game of England
- Footballer Frank Lampard has announced the completion of a career in England
- The English championship football team starts the match Manchester United — Swansea
- Real Madrid announced the transfer of the player in football Manchester United Javier Hernandez