The decision of Michel Platini not to register as a candidate for the position of head of FIFA, and to fight for a third term of presidency in UEFA will go for the benefit of Russian football. About this in a telephone conversation With the journalist said the honorary head of the Russian football Union (RFU) Vyacheslav Koloskov.
on Thursday in Monte Carlo Platini met With the heads 54 of European football federations, saying that he was going to stay at the head of UEFA and unwilling to fight for the presidency of FIFA.
«Platini has made a wise and informed decision,» said spikes.- He copes With the work of the President of UEFA. With his arrival, the organization has changed for the better — great work by the Secretariat, there is a significant financial achievements in the Champions League and the Europa League. Platini non-stop looking for something fresh, something that could bring revenue to the organization. It helps the national federations. In addition, when Platini disappeared such education as» G-14 «(organization of leading European clubs, created To represent their interests in negotiations With FIFA and UEFA.- Approx.) which interfered with UEFA to function. For Russian football great luck that Platini decided to register as a candidate for a new term.
«to compete With Blatter for the presidency of FIFA was pointless then as the FIFA Congress in Sao Paulo (held in June.- Approx.) Swiss has been in practice 100 percent support,» he added spikelets.
The election of the FIFA President will be held in may 2015 in Zurich, and the Election of the head of UEFA in March 2015 in Istanbul
- Honorary head of the RFU to compete with Blatter for the post of the head of FIFA is akin to suicide
- The head of FIFA has tried to convince critics-nominations for the position of head of the organization
- Football Association of the Netherlands would not support Blatter in the elections for the post of the head of FIFA
- UEFA head Michel Platini will not be registered as a candidate for the post of President of FIFA
- Joseph Blatter wants to register again as a candidate for the position of head of FIFA