The EU until will not distribute punishment against Russia on the Russian football Union, but this option is not excluded in case of further aggravation of the situation in the East of Ukraine. About it said Corr. European diplomatic Source in Brussels.
«The spread of punishment for Russia’s participation in international cultural and sports events were discussed by the permanent representatives of the EU, but at this stage this measure decided not to enter. However, it is possible in case of further escalation of the situation in Ukraine», — said the head of the Department.
according to him, the UK has proposed, for example, to deprive the Russian Federation the right to host the world football championship 2018.
On Tuesday, Reuters informed about the fact that the European Commission, As if it had made a proposal for the EU to make a wider list of punishments regarding Russia, limiting the export of dual-use items and additionally tightening the access of Russian organizations on the international capital market. As informed, the Agency is referring to the document circulated at the meeting of ambassadors in Brussels, the EC submitted a proposal to extend the ban on raising capital in the European markets on all Russian public organization and not only on the state-owned banks, As in the current edition of punishment.
according to Reuters, fresh punishment of the EU towards Russia have the Opportunity to affect not only the economy and the financial sector, but also to Russia’s participation in international cultural and sporting events.
it is expected that the matches of the world Cup 2018 will be held in 12 stadiums in eleven cities of Russia: Moscow (stadiums «Luzhniki» and «Open arena» ), St. Petersburg, Kazan, Nizhny Novgorod, Saransk, Kaliningrad, Volgograd, Yekaterinburg, Samara, Sochi and Rostov-on-don. Tentatively international competition will be held from June 8 to July 8
- Thick: the appeal of the Ukrainian football Federation FIFA and UEFA — anticipated event
- Spikelets: the political situation in the world will not affect the election of the host cities of EURO 2020
- The members of FIFA, UEFA, the RFU and the FFU will discuss the issue of the Crimean clubs at a meeting in Nyon
- Head of FIFA made a visit to the Russian Federation on the issues of preparation for the 2018 world Cup
- Mutko: new stadium Spartak in the Russian capital will be put into operation on 27 August