After the meeting of the 4th round of the group stage of the Champions League in the group, which took place on Tuesday at the Petrovsky stadium in St. Petersburg, the coach and the Players of Zenit made complaints to the referee of the tournament. In their vision, the judge has not been assigned a clear penalty for a foul on Alexander Kariakoo.
«I think That the game Bayer looked entertaining in all lines, and prevailed,» said Butenko.- Link to some not very good decision of the arbitrator is search the Zenit coach to blame outside the team. Judging by the Spanish referee was at a high level, above satisfactory, and it could not be the cause of the defeat of the St. Petersburg club. As for the claims in question are not assigned a penalty, then it was all by the rules.» Zenith is not obliged to blame his defeat of the arbitrator».
After 4 matches Zenit is on the 3rd place in the standings of the group, having 4 points. The same from reaching the fourth Portuguese» Benfica». In the asset holding second place for «Monaco «5 points, while the leading Leverkusen — 9.
The match of the 5th round of the group stage of the Champions League Zenit-Benfica will take place in St. Petersburg on November 26
- Zenit beat the standard in the first play-off match of the Champions League qualification
- Villas-Boas: any result, except in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League, will be perceived negatively
- Zenit will play with the standard in the second leg play-off stage of the Champions League
- Norwegian referee Svein Moen will serve the UEFA Champions League Match between Benfica players and Zenith
- Coach Bayer : in the game against Zenit will be able to act in their own style