The disciplinary Committee of the Union of European football associations (UEFA) has accepted the conclusion that the Russian midfielder «Zenit», Axel Witsel will miss the 1st leg of the play-off round of the Champions League qualification, with the Belgian «standard». About it informs the official Internet-portal of UEFA.
Members of the Department appointed player two-match suspension for the red card shown to him in the first game of the 3rd qualifying round against Cyprus Aela (0: 1). However, the club wishes to challenge this decision.
If the appeal is rejected, Witsel will not come on the pitch in the away match with the «standard», which will be held in Liege on August 20, but will have the opportunity to play in the second leg on August 26, «Petrovsky».
- UEFA has rejected the appeal of the Zenith on the issue of two-match disqualification Axel Witsel
- Zenit beat the standard in the first play-off match of the Champions League qualification
- Andre Villas-Boas: to strengthen the composition of the Zenith need two new player
- Villas-Boas: any result, except in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League, will be perceived negatively
- Russian football clubs learned rivals in the play-off round of the Europa League