in October, the Government of Morocco addressed to CAF’s proposal to postpone to a later date time KANG-2015, the final stage of which shall go to the Kingdom from 17 January to 8 February 2015.
The Moroccan authorities, motivated their initiative by a desire to protect events with the participation of countries, which recorded a disease caused by Ebola virus (BWA)», and «to prevent the spread of the epidemic».
in explaining the proposal of Morocco, the Minister of health of El-Hussein El Wardi said that «we can’t risk exposing the threat to people’s health in the face of terrible virus.
«on the first day of the week CAF will publish a communiquГ© that will say, will be carried out or not CAN 2015 at the scheduled first time,» said Commissioner Confederation on the results of the meetings of the Executive Department.
before last month, the CAF has declared, that will not make changes in the calendar of the Africa Cup of Nations, and the tournament will be conducted in a period when the observance of all safety measures and recommendations of the world health organization (who).
according to the who, the number of victims of the outbreak of Ebola in the West African States have already reached almost 5 thousand people. Most fatalities in 3 countries — Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea
- Club world Cup soccer held in Morocco, despite the epidemic of Ebola virus
- The timing of the Africa Cup of Nations will not be changed
- Libya did not want football Africa Cup of Nations 2017
- Former football player, BEA wrote a song in support of the campaign to battle with Ebola
- FIFA does not comment on security measures at the Africa Cup of Nations due to Ebola