Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko tried to convince not to dramatize the next question misses the Russian national football team at the Olympic Games-2016. About this official said in conversation with the journalist.
Youth national team of Russia on football (players under 21) failed to qualify for the Olympic Games 2016 in Rio de Janeiro and in the playoffs qualifying tournament of European championship 2015. About it was announced In prosesi Tuesday, when successfully performed, the competitors of the Russian team in the other qualifying groups. The last time the national team has competed in the Olympic football tournament in 1988. Games in Seoul has developed for the Soviet team successful team under the leadership of Anatoly Byshovets reached the final, where 2: 1 beat the Brazilians.
«To draw any conclusions from this failure I was,» said Mutko.- Still in the contest for the youth European Championships and Games in 2016 participated players of the same age, and at the world championship there is no age limit».
Sports Minister reminded that the selection for the Olympic Games consists of several stages.» First you have to get to the youth European championship, and there to take a place in the top four, » said Mutko.- needless to say, it’s a shame that we are once again left without Games, but you have to understand that in football the main tournament is the world Cup. For him the significance of the European championship. For this reason, in the world attaches great importance to the exit to the Game or win the Olympic football tournament, where they play young players.»
- Byshovets: foreign coaches of the Russian national team does not perform tasks for development of youth football
- Team Russia will not play on the football tournament of the Olympic games-2016
- Simonyan: coaching Pisareva With the youth national team of the Russian Federation requires careful analysis
- Coach: the team of the Russian Federation in beach football, there are certain problems with motivation
- Mutko: the cost of rights to the presentation matches the selection EURO 2016 increased in comparison with the EURO 2012