The President of the international Federation of football Association (FIFA) Joseph Blatter made the initiative to reduce the number of cities that will host matches of the world Cup 2018, based on the experience of the tournament in Brazil. About it in conversation with the journalist said sports Minister Vitaly Mutko.
last weekend took place the visit of the President of FIFA in Sochi, on the preparations for the world Cup. In the process it the FIFA President met with President Vladimir Putin, Minister of sport Vitaly Mutko and head of the organizing Committee of the tournament Alexey Sorokin.
«in the negotiations of the head of the FIFA organizing Committee Discussed the concept of the tournament, the optimization of the number of cities that will take his matches,» said Mutko.- Blatter has made its proposals, based on the experience of the tournament in Brazil. They also discussed the requirements for a number of stadiums and other issues related to the organization and holding of the championship of the world. All suggestions will be addressed at the expert level.»
- The General Director of the organizing Committee: at the moment in terms of the FIFA world Cup 2018 change no
- Mutko: the capacity of a number of stadiums for the 2018 world Cup has the ability to be shortened to 35 thousand People
- Rapoport: Yekaterinburg provides training for the 2018 world Cup in accordance with the schedule
- Head of FIFA during the visit to the Russian Federation agreed with Putin issues of preparation for the 2018 world Cup
- Kazan is a candidate to host matches of 1/8 and 1/4 final of the 2018 world Cup football