Member of the international Federation of football associations (FIFA) and businessman Canover Watson was arrested in the Cayman Islands on suspicion of bribery and money laundering. About it speak English media.
43-year-old Watson is in the Committee of FIFA, responsible for the audit, he is also Vice-President of the Caribbean football Union. In an interview with local media Watson denied all the charges.» My lawyer has advised me to refrain from comment until the investigation is finished», — is noted in the statement of the entrepreneur. After his arrest, Watson was released on bail.
according to the publications, Authorized FIFA did not want to explain the details of the conflict.
Watson is a close friend of the Vice-President of FIFA Jeffrey Webb, who is the President of the Confederation of football in North and Central America (CONCACAF) and also live in the Cayman Islands
- Luis Segura was approved as head of the football Association of Argentina until October 2015
- FIFA gave to the arbitration chamber of the investigation Report of the election of the host countries of world Cup 2018/22
- The defendant in the case on the illegal sale of tickets for the matches of the 2014 world Cup released from custody
- Mutko: the development of a working group of FIFA and UEFA on the Crimean clubs is an important step towards compromise
- The football Federation of Ukraine appealed to FIFA and UEFA petition to apply punishment to the RFU