The Executive Committee of the football Association of Argentina (AFA) has approved the Louis Segura as President of the organization until October 2015. About it informs the press service of the organization.
Segura became acting President of the AFA after the death of the long head of the organization Julio Grondona.
before the local media data that Segura appointed was not.
a couple of hours before the Executive Committee Segura confirmed data about the negotiations with the former coach of the Spanish Barcelona Gerardo Martino, who is one of the candidates for the post of chief coach of the national team.
Grondona died at the end of July on the 83rd year of his life. The functionary was placed in a hospital in Buenos Aires with a heart attack. According to media reports, he died of cardiac arrest. It is known that Functionary was suffering from an aortic aneurysm.
Grondona headed the national Association football since 1979. During his leadership, Argentina won the 1986 FIFA world Cup, twice won the America’s Cup, twice won the «gold» of the Olympic games. Also Grondona was a senior Vice-President of the international Federation of football associations (FIFA)
- Association football Argentina agreed data talks With coach Martino
- Football Association of the Netherlands would not support Blatter in the elections for the post of the head of FIFA
- Diego Maradona arrived at the hospital of Buenos Aires
- Media: FIFA member detained on suspicion of bribery and money laundering
- UEFA head Michel Platini will not be registered as a candidate for the post of President of FIFA