The President of the international Federation of football Association (FIFA) Joseph Blatter last weekend visited the Russian Federation on a working visit in preparation for the world Cup 2018. About this journalist said in the press service of FIFA.
As they say in the press release FIFA, during a two-day visit to Sochi Blatter met with Russian President Vladimir Putin, Minister of sports of the country Vitaly Mutko and head of the organizing Committee of the tournament Alexey Sorokin.
at the meeting with Mutko and Sorokin, the head of FIFA agreed on a possible reduction in the number of stadiums that will be the 2018 world Cup, as well as readiness stadiums.
it is expected that the matches of the world Cup 2018 will be held in 12 stadiums in eleven cities of Russia: Moscow (stadiums «Luzhniki» and «Open arena» ), St. Petersburg, Kazan, Nizhny Novgorod, Saransk, Kaliningrad, Volgograd, Yekaterinburg, Samara, Sochi and Rostov-on-don. Tentatively international competition will be held from June 8 to July 8.
in the process of negotiations Blatter also confirmed that the issue of performance Crimean clubs under the auspices of the Russian football Union (RFU) the position of FIFA will be based on the relevant processes that are required to be under the control of the Union of European football associations (UEFA).
on 31 July the Bureau of the Executive Committee of the RFU approved the performance of the clubs from the Crimea and Sevastopol in the 2nd division championship, provided they complete the required certification procedures. On the last working day of the week on August 8, Vice-President of the RFU Nikita Simonyan after an emergency meeting of the Bureau of the Executive Committee of the organization said that the clubs have been vetted.
August 12, within 1/256 final of the national Cup SCCF (Sevastopol), TJC (Simferopol) and «Pearl» (Yalta) conducted the first matches in the Russian competitions
- Mutko: Blatter made the initiative to reduce the number of cities in 2018, based on the experience of the 2014 world Cup
- The General Director of the organizing Committee: at the moment in terms of the FIFA world Cup 2018 change no
- Head of FIFA made a visit to the Russian Federation on the issues of preparation for the 2018 world Cup
- 1st Vice-President of the RFU Simonyan: FIFA and UEFA must stay out of politics
- The football Federation of Ukraine appealed to FIFA and UEFA petition to apply punishment to the RFU