Known in the past Argentine striker Gabriel Batistuta told that After the professional playing career in the football asked the doctors to amputate his legs because of severe pain. About this Batistuta told local media.
striker ended his career in 2005 in the Qatari club al-Arabi».
«After a career I felt that almost can not walk,» said Batistuta.- Ankle hurt so badly that I begged the doctor to amputate my feet. Encouraging example of Oscar Pistorius (known South American Paralympic using prostheses.- Approx.). Then I decided it might be a solution. But the doctor did not want to do it and called me crazy. I started to work on the legs, But progress for a long time was not. The problem was that I almost due to injury no cartilage and tendons, and my skeleton was gradually falling apart. After a few years the situation has slightly improved.»
- Football Los Angeles galaxy Landon Donovan will finish his career at the end of the season in MLS
- Pele: dark-skinned players should just ignore racist attacks from the stands
- Player Krasnodar Yuri Gaza: the challenge to the Russian team was a surprise
- Team doctor: Dzuba, despite the disease may participate in upcoming matches
- Sebastopol football club SCCF plans to pass certification RFU to 8 August