Football club Gremio of Porto Alegre excluded from participation in the Cup of Brazil for racist phrase fans to the address of the goalkeeper «Santos» Aranya. This decision was taken by the Sports court of Brazil, said on Wednesday the local media.
the incident occurred on August 28, During the first tournament of the 1/8 finals Gremio — «Santos» in Porto Alegre, which ended with the victory of «Santos» with the score 2: 0. During the tournament, fans Gremio shouted racist insults at the goalkeeper away team Aranya.
The return match, planned for Wednesday, was postponed until the decision of the disciplinary Department of Sport court. Also on the club fined in the amount of 50 thousand Reais (approximately $22 thousand).
Guide Gremio may for 2 weeks to appeal the decision of the court
- Pele: dark-skinned players should just ignore racist attacks from the stands
- Zenith has the ability to be fined five hundred thousand Rubles for the behavior of fans in the game with Arsenal
- Ukrainian Chernomorets won the Court case fan, because of which UEFA has imposed on the club fine
- Zenith fined 300 thousand Rubles for misconduct fans
- UEFA has punished four clubs for racist antics of the fans in European Cup matches