Acting Association football in Argentina (AFA) Luis Segura confirmed data about the negotiations With the former coach of Barcelona Gerardo Martino. About this say local publications.
At the end of July AFA announced the resignation of coach of the national team 59-year-old Alejandro Sabelli. Sabella was the head of the Argentine team Since 2011. Under his leadership, the team took second place at the world Cup in Brazil. In the final Argentines lost in extra time in Germany with the score 0: 1.
«Martino is the main contender for the post of chief coach of our national team, drew the attention Segura.- in principle, other options AFA and does not consider. Dialogues With Martino began Julio Grondona (former head of the AFA, who died in July 2014 at the 83rd year of his life.- Approx.). At the weekend had to go to their meeting, but unfortunately, it never happened. Now the negotiations With Gerardo supposed to do to me.»
- Luis Segura was approved as head of the football Association of Argentina until October 2015
- Media: Gerardo Martino will lead the national team of Argentina football
- Media: FC Mallorca continues dialogues with Valery Carpini
- Finalists FIFA world Cup 2014 football Teams of Germany and Argentina will meet in a friendly match
- Coach Jose Pekerman will continue to work with the national team of Colombia football until the 2018 world Cup in Russia